Who doesn't love Christopher Walken?

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Confrontation

I know most of my blogs have been rants about other people or society's problems.  Those are extremely easy and more common knowledge compared to self-reflection.  I promised some of my readers that I would write something positive for once, and this is as close as I can get for now, so bear with me.

We've all done things in our pasts that we aren't exactly proud of.  Most of mine involve the way I have treated and/or dealt with relationships or women in general.  Those of you who follow me on Facebook know that I spare no expense at ripping people new holes for pooping.  In person I am quite terrified of confrontation.  It's not that I'm overly concerned with what people think of me, they probably judge me enough just by looking at me...at least I've heard that from a few people.

Admitting to something you've done that's less than desirable in an ethical sense is one of the hardest things to do for most people, and justifiably so.  No one wants to be "the asshole".  At points it seems necessary, but as we get older we realize that we were WAY out of line.  Going back and apologizing to people is a nightmare for many reasons.

You never know how your apology is going to go over.  Some say they don't remember the incident, others say "don't worry about it, water under the bridge", but some will go apeshit - for lack of a better term - and castrate you for even having the gall to contact them.  So here are a few of my personal problems, so you people know I am indeed human.

Confrontation terrifies me.  I'm more comfortable typing than actually talking to people.  It gives me time to think, choose my words, and not worry about getting slapped/punched.  I still have an extremely dark sense of humor but my filter is on when I go out into civilization.  Once I go out with a woman a few times, and it doesn't seem to be going well on either end, I tend to sever contact entirely.  Well, sometimes not entirely, but I give nondescript answers and deflect damn near every direct question.

I promise to all of my readers, and then some, that these faults WILL change.  I will be more outwardly spoken, open with potential wife-material, answer direct questions directly, and maybe even nice to strangers I find repulsive.  That last one isn't guaranteed, but I'll try.

I encourage anyone reading this to do the same, or at least attempt it.  It will open doors you closed or at least make you feel better with yourself.  No matter how difficult it is, give it a shot and you won't regret it.

Chicken and Waffles,

Mr. Two

No comments:

Post a Comment